The Diploma in Business administration is a two-year programme divided in four semesters; suitable for students who wish to take up a career in business and management.
The programme exposes students to various functional areas of business including: Finance, marketing, production, Human resource, Information technology, etc., and also shows how these functional areas contribute to effective performance of Business organisations. From theory in class environment to practice in internship and Entrepreneurial Project, students will advance in knowledge and skill and also get an advantage in real world experience. The programme will take-up a blended approach (both face to face and online studies) which involves lectures, tests, private study, individual and group assignments, field assignments, practical, case study, and presentations as a means of developing Accounting, Human Resource, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and managerial intuitions and integrity. Compared to other diplomas, a diploma in Business Administration offers graduate students a broader choice for job opportunities.
The Diploma in Business Administration shall consist of 24 course units, 15 of which shall be core and 9 basics. There will be two intakes (March and August) for every academic year; and students shall be admitted to the Programme on four sessions/options; Day, Evening, Weekend and Open Distance e-Learning (ODeL).
The diploma in Business Administration programme is intended to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to deal with organizational, operational, administrative and managerial roles based on professional judgment. Therefore, the objectives of this programme are to:
- Impart learners with wide business administration knowledge and skills aimed at enabling learners to understand and respond to business challenges.
- Equip learners with the knowledge of different forms of business and their operations
- Equip learners with basic knowledge in accounting, economics, finance, management, human resource, marketing and ICT in the application of business concepts and theories in modern business operations.
- Enable the learners be able to use ICT in business functions and operation.
- Prepare students for lifelong learning.
Upon completion of the programme students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to use the business administration knowledge and skills acquired to respond effectively to business challenges.
- Apply knowledge of the different forms of business and their operations
- Demonstrate and apply basic knowledge in accounting, economics, finance, management, human resource, marketing and ICT in modern business operations.
- Apply ICT skill in business functions and operations.
- Have a foundation in pursuing further studies.