This course introduces the essential concepts necessary to make effective use of the computer. Students achieve an understanding of what a computer can do, how it works, and how it can be used to create documents using word processing and spreadsheet applications for personal and business use.
The course teaches students to identify word processing terminology and concepts, create technical documents, format and edit documents, use simple tools and utilities, and print documents with the the desired format.
It is expected that at the end of the course, the student will:
1. Make use of computer resources for use in business or academic settings.
2. Construct business and academic documents using Microsoft Word.
3. Create spreadsheets with formulas and graphs using Microsoft Excel.
4. Develop presentations containing animation and graphics using Microsoft PowerPoint.
5. Integrate Microsoft Office applications for use in business documentation, and communication and reporting functions
The course is designed for;
– Career beginners/starters
– Business Managers and executives
– Students on vacation/holiday
– Students from other courses outside the computing and information technology industry
– Corporate Secretaries looking to upgrade their skill sets